Sunday, October 7, 2018

My New Reading Process!


I am in a slump...


I have not been able to finish any books in the month of September. I know, I Know, how horrible am I?

Anyways, I have come up with a new process to help me read more. It involves me reading more than one book at a time. It can be as many books as I like or can fit in the weekend. The process is simple...

On a Saturday and Sunday:
1. Pick a book you have started or a new one.
2. Read 100 pages
3. set it aside and pick another
4. read 100 pages


It will definitely help me with my burn outs with books, which happens all too often. I won't get so bored so fast either. I'll be able to finish more books by the end of the month as well. 

I am also keeping a reading log in a journal I made. I mark off chapters as I read them.
It will also have number of pages, my rating of the book, dates started & finished, favorite character, least favorite character and a quote.

I'm hoping that since I am such a mood reader, I will be motivated to read more using my journal. 


On to the books I have started so far!

1. Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson (This book is such a process, it's gonna take me a bit. I'm almost 700 pages in.)
2. Cruel Prince - Holly Black (currently have already read 105 pages today)
3. Truthwitch (I am also 105 pages into this book.)

I have so many more that I know I will start today, but I am not sure which. But the important thing is, is I completed my goal of getting books to 100 pages each today. I won't have to pick them up for 100 more pages until next weekend (of course I can read during the week, I just know it won't be 100 pages). I'll also be taking advantage of audiobooks during the week through the overdrive Libby app. Since I work on a computer all week, audiobooks will help me get through even more books while I work.


What's your reading process like?


No comments:

Post a Comment