Monday, September 3, 2018

Queens of Geek



Queens of Geek

Jen Wilde

  • Paperback: 288 pages
  • Publisher: Swoon Reads (March 14, 2017)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1250111390
  • ISBN-13: 978-1250111395

Buy Here:

My Rating:




Synopsis:

   Charlie likes to stand out. She’s a vlogger and actress promoting her first movie at SupaCon, and this is her chance to show fans she’s over her public breakup with co-star Reese Ryan. When internet-famous cool-girl actress Alyssa Huntington arrives as a surprise guest, it seems Charlie’s long-time crush on her isn’t as one-sided as she thought.
   Taylor likes to blend in. Her brain is wired differently, making her fear change. And there’s one thing in her life she knows will never change: her friendship with her best guy friend Jamie―no matter how much she may secretly want it to. But when she hears about a fan contest for her favorite fandom, she starts to rethink her rules on playing it safe.
   Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde, chosen by readers like you for Macmillan's young adult imprint Swoon Reads, is an empowering novel for anyone who has ever felt that fandom is family.

My Review:
   This book was absolutely adorable! I read this book in one sitting. It was a fast read for me and I am so glad I read it. The fact that the characters were so relatable helped me devour this book. I love the diversity shown in this book. I have been craving more realistic characters that are autistic. It doesn't happen much in the literary world. This book was a breath of fresh air.
   Taylor is autistic, just like me. She was my favorite character. I loved how the author portrayed her without making her stereotypical. Taylor went through the same things that I go through every day with the social anxiety, the shutdowns and the meltdowns. I was so glad to see that she was able to have a happy ending. Totally loved Jamie as well, he is such a great friend that didn't push her past her limits but helped her gain confidence in certain areas of her life.
   Charlie's character was so awesome. I loved how within a short amount of time she was able to grow so much. She broke barriers that are hard for people that are watching your every move and judging everything you do. I like that she was able to stand up for herself against society. I'm glad she was able to finally be herself at the end of the book and find love!
  This book was absolutely one of my favorites this year. If you need a light read, with a happy ending, definitely pick up this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment